Wilbraham Mansion & Suites Policies
Our COVID-19 Policy
According to current CDC guidelines, masks are not required in indoor settings such as The Wilbraham. The CDC does recommend that individuals at high risk for COVID-19 wear masks in all indoor settings. With the goal of providing a safe and healthy environment for our guests and staff, The Wilbraham is doing the following in regards to food service, room service and cleaning protocols.
- Hot cooked breakfast will be served at 9:00AM in the dining rooms, on the front porch and back porch.
- Individual serving packets for sugar, butter, jelly, etc. will be used.
- A cold “Grab and Go” breakfast option is available upon request. Please request this option at check in.
- Afternoon Tea – individually wrapped servings for “grab and go”, hot drinks and cold drinks.
- In-Room housekeeping service will be provided daily. Guests may request to opt out.
Cleaning Protocols based on CDC guidelines
- Sanitize room keys after each check-out
- Trash cans lined with disposable bags
- All bed linens, blankets, bedspreads and towels washed after every stay
- Clean and sanitize all “high touch” surfaces – door knobs, remote controls, light switches, table tops, bathroom fixtures, etc.
- Sanitize irons, hairdryers, refrigerator handles
- Staff hand washing per CDC guidelines
Check-in: 1pm - 5pm
- Listed rates are based on double occupancy.
- Sales tax (6.625%), Logging tax (5.0%), and Municipal Occupancy Tax (3.0%) not included in listed room rates.
- Additional guest charge of $60.00 per night, in select rooms.
- Two-night minimum stay required most weekends, with three-night minimum July 4th and Labor Day weekends.
- One-night stays are taken based on availability, and an additional $25 is included in the room rate.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Children 12 and over are welcome. Due to pool insurance liability and no lifeguard, we are unable to accommodate children under 12 years old.
- No pets allowed.
- All reservations require a deposit of one night’s rate plus taxes. (Sales Tax = 6.625%, Logging Tax = 5%, Municipal Occupancy Tax = 3%) – The deposit will be charged at the time your reservation is accepted. We will mail to the guest a confirmation letter along with a credit card receipt to sign and return within seven days. If the arrival date is within two weeks, the deposit receipt will be held for signature at check-in rather than mailed.
- Any remaining balance is due at check-in. Guests using late arrival will have the remaining balance charged to their credit card on the day of arrival.
- Payment methods accepted for Initial deposit: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex
- Payment methods accepted for Balance at Check-in: Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Amex
- If a reservation is cancelled 15 or more days prior to the scheduled arrival date, a refund will be issued in the amount of the deposit minus a $50 cancellation fee. (If the reservation is changed, there is a $50 change fee.)
- If a reservation is cancelled 14 days to 3 days prior to the scheduled arrival date, the deposit will be forfeited unless the room is rebooked in its entirety. The $50 cancellation fee will apply if the room is rebooked and a deposit refunded.
- If a reservation is cancelled within 48 hours of the scheduled arrival date (2:00 p.m.), the booked stay will be charged in full.
- Early departures are charged for the entire reserved stay.
- One Night reservations require payment in full and are non-refundable.
We attempt to accommodate all of our guests’ needs and requests, but we are simply unable to allow exceptions to the cancellation policies – even for emergencies (no matter how legitimate) or inclement weather. We are a small business that depends on reservation revenue to maintain and run the Wilbraham.
- Smoking is not permitted in the buildings. Burning incense, candles, or other items is also prohibited.
Violation of this policy will result in a $500 fee to cover cleaning and lost revenue. Guests violating this policy will be asked to leave the property immediately.
ADA Website Compliance
133 Myrtle Ave
Cape May, NJ 08204-1237
Owners: Doug & Joanne Carnes
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on https://www.wilbrahammansion.com regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology. Our hotel website allows visitors to search for accessibility featured guest rooms with ease and details our property’s accessibility features here. If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our property’s website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bed and Breakfast Website Accessibility Features
This inn’s website for The Wilbraham Mansion & Suites is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our inn’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group.
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
Bed and Breakfast Accessibility Features
The mansion is an historic building built in 1840 and has no ADA Compliant rooms or features in the building. See our suites for ADA accessible lodging options.
- Designated disabled parking
- Ramps accessing the building
ROOM FEATURES (ROOM 101 & 205 are ADA compliant)
- Grab bars in the bathrooms
- Roll in shower
- Widened doorways
*note: our dining room and indoor swimming pool are located in the Mansion building. That building requires the use of steps and is NOT ADA Compliant. Please call with any specific questions regarding the features in either building.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading our website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support